Our genes define not only our appearance and personality but also the weaknesses in our bodies. Depression and insomnia, for instance, can be caused not by serious stress or exhaustion but by genetic predisposition. In this article, we’ll talk about genetic disorders that a daughter can inherit from her mother. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
Authoritylove.com would like to warn you that genetic predisposition requires you to be more attentive to your health, but it doesn’t mean that you’ll inevitably fall ill. Science, scientist, biology
Osteoporosis is a disease where increased bone weakness increases the risk of a broken bone. It’s women who are usually affected by this disease, and genetic predisposition is one of the most important risk factors. Osteoporosis can reveal itself after menopause, the period when bones lose calcium and become fragile. cool stuff, cool stuff, cool stuff
Preventive measures: Science, scientist, biology
- You should eat more food rich with calcium. But don’t forget that calcium can be absorbed by your body only when combined with vitamin D. Consult with your therapist and ask them to prescribe you necessary vitamin supplements. Also, try to take outdoor walks more often.
- Don’t smoke. This bad habit of yours reduces the capability of your body to absorb calcium and influences bone mineral density.
- Don’t drink soda. Regular consumption is associated with a significant 14% increased risk of hip fracture.
- Control your weight and do sports. People aged between 19 and 64 are recommended to have 150 minutes of aerobic activity weekly, as well as muscle-building exercises for the legs, hips, back, chest, arms, and shoulders twice a week.
2. Rheumatoid arthritis
The cause of rheumatoid arthritis is not clear, but scientists suggest that it involves a combination of genetic and environmental factors which affect a person’s immune system.
- Quit smoking and reduce consumption of coffee and red meat.
- Take care of your teeth and gums thoroughly, visit a dentist on a regular basis. Periodontal disease can lead to the development of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Include foods rich with vitamin C into your diet. This antioxidant reduces the risk of inflammation in your body.
3. Premature aging
Scientists discovered that certain genes are responsible for how long our bodies can prevent aging processes. These genes are transmitted from one generation to another on the mother’s side. If you inherit your mother’s damaged DNA, your aging process will be faster.
Unfortunately, scientists haven’t figured out yet how to reverse this process but it’s worth using sunscreen with a high SPF because sunlight sensitivity is also an inherited feature.